Profound Commerce is looking to add an Accounting Lead to join their growing team. This individual will be a hands-on contributor to the accounting and financial reporting responsibilities of the business. This role will work closely with the CFO to implement best-in-class processes, procedures, and tools. Profound Commerce is looking for a CPA with 5+ years of accounting experience.
As a key member of the Finance & Accounting team, the Accounting Lead will work with the CFO, Finance Lead, and Philippines-based accountants to ensure the timely and accurate processing of vendor payments, support cash flow management and financial statement preparation, and establish technical accounting processes and procedures.
- Perform monthly financial close procedures including transaction coding and review, review of invoices and other journal entries, and performance or review of COGS accounting.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, statements of cash flows, and managerial reports, in accordance with GAAP.
- Lead daily AP processes, including overseeing invoice processing, approving payments, and overall ensuring vendor payments are accurate, timely, and appropriately recorded.
- Review daily cash reconciliations and maintain the cash ledger.
- Assess and establish technical accounting processes and procedures in key areas including Business Combinations, Revenue Recognition/COGS/Inventory, Share-Based Payments, Debt Financing, and accounting for equity investments.
- Support Profound Commerce’s first year consolidated audit by responding to auditor PBC requests, and discussing key processes and audit areas with the audit team.
- Oversee a team of two accountants in the Philippines, and expand the team as necessary to support the growth and complexity of the business.
- Work closely with Profound Commerce’s external accounting firm to transition month-end procedures to be managed in-house.
- Ensure accounting processes are streamlined and efficient, policies are in place and adhered to, and software is utilized to minimize clerical tasks.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Highly organized, accountable, and competent in task prioritization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficient in database and accounting systems.
- Proficient in technical accounting research and documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of integrity with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Your schedule allows for evening video meetings with our Philippines team one to two nights a week.
How to Apply at Profound Commerce
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Job Title & Your Name
After you email us, our recruiter will reach out to you with an update.
About Profound Commerce
Profound Commerce is a fast-growing brand holding company that owns and operates a next generation portfolio of consumer products brands. Profound Commerce brands benefit from a superior marketing, operations and finance platform with seasoned e-commerce hands at its helm. Profound Commerce colleagues all share the desire to do the best work of their career, and value the way that their efforts directly impact the top and bottom lines of a business. If this matches with what you are looking for in your next role, come join us!