Profound Commerce is looking to add an Accounting Manager to join their growing team. This individual will be a hands-on leader of the finance and accounting functions. This high-level role will work closely with the CFO to build out the accounting/finance function over the next 6 – 12 months. Profound is looking for a CPA with 7+ years of experience.
As a key member of the accounting team, the Accounting Manager will direct and oversee the financial activities of the company and ensure the timely and accurate preparation of current financial reports and summaries.
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flows, and managerial reports, in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversees and directs the Finance & Accounting department, ensuring adequate internal controls are in place along with the safeguarding of company assets.
- Ensures accounting processes are streamlined and efficient, policies are in place and adhered to, and software is utilized to minimize clerical tasks.
- Effectively communicate with project managers and other senior management regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services related to billing.
- Generate and distribute weekly receivables reports and monthly profitability reports.
- Monitor and analyze financial accounting data and financial reports.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Supervise accounting staff agency (and our future accounting team)
- Strong management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- High level of integrity with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Your schedule allows for face time in our shiny new office 2 days a week
About Profound Commerce
Profound Commerce is a fast-growing brand holding company that owns and operates a next generation portfolio of consumer products brands. Profound Commerce brands benefit from a superior marketing, operations and finance platform with seasoned e-commerce hands at its helm. Profound Commerce colleagues all share the desire to do the best work of their career, and value the way that their efforts directly impact the top and bottom lines of a business. If this matches with what you are looking for in your next role, come join us!
Connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more, or reach out directly: jobs at profound commerce dot com.