We are seeking a financial planning and analysis professional to serve in the role of FP&A Lead across the Profound Commerce portfolio consumer brands. Reporting to the CFO, the FP&A Lead is responsible for coordinating strategic planning efforts, decision support for major investments, and financial modeling across the Profound Commerce portfolio of brands. They will ensure Profound Commerce makes informed decisions by establishing key processes to allocate capital and track performance of brands within the portfolio..
The ideal person for this role has previously established financial planning and analysis processes and controls at a middle market company and has worked for high-growth companies before. Like all Profound Commerce employees, they have demonstrated an ability to be effective with finite resources.
- Ensure that financial information, analysis and reporting is accurate, timely, reliable and relevant, to assist the Board and Profound Commerce executive team in effectively performing their responsibilities.
- Create and implement a framework for making capital allocation decisions (inventory, strategic infrastructure, people expense) across the Profound Commerce portfolio, in collaboration with Executive team.
- Develop financial models to support valuation, planning and forecasting -- and provide analysis to help the organization make better financial decisions. Monitor variances to forecasts, and develop action plans to address variances in collaboration with the Brand Management and Acquisitions teams.
- Monitor and analyze financial metrics to ensure compliance with lender covenants.
- Bachelor’s degree required, finance or accounting degree preferred
- You have industry experience in retail or tech (E-commerce experience is preferred).
- Strong fluency with Excel; familiarity with data query/data management tools
- Experience leading FP&A or as a Controller for a $50M+ entity or Assistant Controller for a $100M+ entity preferred
- Skilled in strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting processes, and building complex models
- Experience building and scaling teams (in hyper-growth environments preferred)
- Strong process improvement and project management skills
- Acute attention to detail
- A strong communicator: an ability to influence and persuade others, as well as handle difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed sense of strategy
- Bonus if you have prior experience working within the Amazon ecosystem
- You are able to work In-person from our humble (but mighty) offices in South Austin, TX.
This might be the greatest job ever if …
You’ve been Lead Analyst for a business unit at a BigCo before …
- You understand that beneath the surface, Finance can be messy -- you’ve built (and inherited somebody else’s) complex spreadsheets
- You have applied frameworks to making capital allocation decisions for working capital and investing capital
… and are hungry to use your skills to make a meaningful difference in a smaller, higher growth setting …
- You’re ready to use your analytic skills to drive top and bottom-line improvements to a company.
… and you have a temperament that can thrive at our company
- You enjoy crafting and presenting arguments, and can disagree without being disagreeable
- An eye for detail in written and verbal communication
- If something needs fixing, you fix it.
About Profound Commerce
Profound Commerce is a fast-growing brand holding company that owns and operates a next generation portfolio of consumer products brands. Profound Commerce brands benefit from a superior marketing, operations and finance platform with seasoned e-commerce hands at its helm. Profound Commerce colleagues all share the desire to do the best work of their career, and value the way that their efforts directly impact the top and bottom lines of a business. If this matches with what you are looking for in your next role, come join us!
Connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more, or reach out directly: jobs at profound commerce dot com.